Klein Engineering, PSC
San Juan, PR
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- English Proficiency (Required)
- EIT (Required, or ability to obtain within a year)
- US Citizenship (Required)
Full Job Description
Seeking to hire an EIT to join our multi-discipline design team in San Juan, PR. Responsibilities include tasks associated with design of roadways, traffic improvements, residential and commercial developments, and other infrastructure components, such as:
- Prepare engineering design calculations and construction plans to support residential, commercial, and roadway developments including geometry, grading, stormwater management, sanitary sewer design, water design, and erosion and sediment control design for private, municipal, state, and federal clients.
- Work with a Professional Engineer in preparing all associated drawing packages, deliverables, calculations, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Transportation design: analysis/design of intersections and interchanges, urban and rural roadways, multimodal improvements, and traffic engineering,
- Prepare programming, schematic, design development, and construction documents.
- Perform field visits to collect data and information to support engineering design and analysis.
- Perform UAS flight missions to document and create site and roadways digital models.
- Comply with QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Research project requirement standards and specifications.
- Responsible for document organization and clarity.
- Prepare plans utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Use computer software as a tool to solve engineering challenges. Knowledge and experience with Synchro, Vissim, Civil 3D, Open Roads and other traffic and CAD modeling software is desirable.
Graduate from an ABET-accredited 4-, 5-, or 6-year engineering program in Civil Engineering.
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- EIT, or ability to complete all requirements for EIT within one year after being hired.
- FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (Part 107 – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems) – or ability to complete all requirements within 6 months after being hired.
- Active membership in ITE, ASHE, NSPE, ASCE or other related professional organizations is desirable.